Sunday, February 22, 2009

Homemade Electrolyte Drink (Pedialyte)**Updated**

I previously posted a recipe for homemade Pedialyte that I found, but never used. Well, I finally got to make it about a month ago and it was HORRENDOUS. Even when I increased the sugar from 3 tablespoons to 6 tablespoons. Then I was worried because I read sugar can aggravate diarrhea and so I didn't want to double it.

Today Picky Eater #2 woke up throwing up so I tried a different sweetener, stevia. I put just enough in to make it taste good. If you want it to taste sweeter, add a few more drops. The good thing about stevia is that it doesn't make diarrhea worse like sugar can. So here is my updated recipe.

Homemade Electrolyte Drink (Pedialyte)
4 cups water
1/2 tsp Morton's Lite Salt (for the potassium)
1/2 tsp baking soda
30 drops liquid stevia extract (**updated ingredient**)
1/2 pkg unsweetened Kool Aid (optional)

Mix together and store in the fridge. Discard any leftovers after 3 days.

No comments: