Friday, November 13, 2009

Okay, I was trying to write at the bottom of the Neti Pot video I just posted but blogger was being crazy. Hence the 2 posts. I just started Neti -ing recently and plan to do it every morning to help ward off the flu and also to help me breathe better. My husband has been neti-ing ever since I saw it on Oprah to help with his allergies and it really works. He started out using the Sinucleanse salt that came with his pot, but now we make our salt and he likes it so much better. The recipe is based on a recipe I found in my Essential Oils Desk Reference Book but instead of using all salt, we use half salt and half baking soda to cut down on the mild tingling sensation. I recommend using only therapeutic grade essential oils since it's going IN your body, but you can do whatever you want.

Neti Pot Salt Recipe

1/4 cup non-iodized salt
1/4 cup baking soda
10 drops Rosemary E.O.
6 drops Tea Tree E.O.

Mix together well and store in a glass jar (we use a pint canning jar).
Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon in 1 cup warm water in neti pot.
Repeat for other nostril.

At first I was very scared to try the neti pot after hearing my husband's coughing and sputtering while he was trying to learn. I was pleasantly surprised how easy and non-scary it is. I haven't choked at all. It does feel different, but when you are done your sinuses feel like the Scrubbing Bubble ladies have been up there cleaning. It just feels so good. I just ordered the Rhino Horn neti pot and I'm excited to use that based on reading all the positive reviews.

No comments: